May 26, 2021
Please continue to register for worship services here.
In response to the latest health and safety guidelines from the CDC and State of Michigan, the Council at First has adopted the following practices for indoor, in-person church gatherings.
- Fully Vaccinated participants will no longer be required to wear masks.
- Fully Vaccinated participants will no longer be required to wear masks once seated in the sanctuary.
- We ask that all participants wear masks while entering, exiting and moving around the church building.
- Distanced seating will continue to be provided in the sanctuary.
- One of our three seating sections will be designated “masks required”. This is to provide a reduced-stress environment for those who are unvaccinated, are accompanying unvaccinated children, or are exercising extra caution.
- Our two remaining seating sections will be “mask-optional”. Participants may wear a mask while seated in these sections, but all who wish to remove their masks in these sections are welcome to do so.
- When you arrive for worship, your usher will ask whether you prefer “mask required” or “mask-optional” seating.
In a spirit of love and care for those who are unable to be vaccinated, who are immunocompromised, or who live or work with immunocompromised individuals, we will require those who are not fully vaccinated to wear masks while inside the church building.