- Where are we located? 1444 Maryland St., Grosse Pointe Park. We are on Maryland, halfway between Mack and Charlevoix.
- Parking? We have onsite parking, and there is ample street parking in our walkable neighborhood. Those wishing to park in our lot should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to services.
- What should I wear? Our atmosphere is informal and we are a gathering of all ages. Some wear “business casual” attire; many others dress “simply casual”. You will fit in if you wear whatever feels comfortable.
- What is there for kids? We have a nursery staffed by capable volunteers for children aged 0 to 2 years. Partway through our service, children aged 3 through 1st grade are dismissed for Children’s Worship. Sunday school classes for children of all ages are held during the hour before worship on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month, September-May. All volunteers who work with children and youth undergo background checks.
- What will happen in worship? Our services are liturgical; accessible; and biblical. We follow a service format that includes opening and closing blessings, responsive prayers, communion, and music from many eras and styles. We use modern language and songs anyone can learn. Our sanctuary is barrier-free, we use projection technology for all songs and readings, and we have large-print materials for every service. Our sermons teach the Bible and apply its truth to everyday life. Above all, our worship services are designed to introduce members and visitors to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in a way that is personal and life-changing.
First Christian Reformed Church of Detroit is part of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. We believe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ applies to all of life. And that Christian faith transforms lives, culture, and communities. Learn more about our denomination and theological tradition here: https://www.crcna.org/